10th Annual Baehr Challenge Obstacle Course Race
Celebrating the Power of X
THANK YOU and big Baehr HUGS!!!
- • Mother Nature for providing perfect weather
- • Grizzly Sponsors – Swift Charities and Knight Transportation
- • Mama Baehr Sponsors for the Pancake Breakfast – Boston Scientific and Amneal
- • Medical/Healthcare Sponsors
- • Community Partner Sponsors
- • Obstacle Sponsors
- • Army of ‘Baehrly Helping’ Volunteers
- • Nearly 400 inspired obstacle course participants, including 80 people with PD
- • Midwestern University Physical Therapist and Students for leading the warm-up session
- • Team Fox representatives from the Michael J. Fox Foundation – Danielle Denisenko and Meg Carroll
- • Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, Banner Neuro Wellness Centers of Sun City and Gilbert for encouraging and assisting the PD participants
- • Cheering spectators
- • Aviano Community for hosting the event
- • Breakfast crew for sizzling pancakes
- • Daring participants in the pancake eating contest
- • Enthusiastic DJ from Living Energy had the crowd dancing
- • Generous donors
- • Everyone who helped and supported in any way
This event is not possible without your support! You helped the Baehr Challenge grow from a few family and friends participating in a morning of fitness at a local park to hundreds of people (including people with Parkinson’s) taking the challenge to complete an obstacle course.
We’ve discovered along the way that it’s not how fast you can run/walk and complete the obstacles. It’s about how many people you can help take the challenge along the way. It’s about a smile, a handshake, a pat on the back, a helping hand and a word of encouragement. We celebrate YOU and the Power of X years of family, friends, fitness and fun.
Thank you for helping to make a difference in the lives of people living with Parkinson’s and their families. The net proceeds of $27,000 from this event were donated to Team Fox, the fitness affiliate of the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Their single, urgent goal is to eliminate Parkinson’s disease. They can do it with your help.
The Baehr Challenge is one of the top Team Fox events in the Southwest and has raised more than $180,000 since its inception in 2010 thanks to your continued support and participation.
Click here to see photos of the 2019 Baehr Challenge event.
Thanks for your continuing support!
The Brian Baehr Family